Thursday 10 April 2014

GOT Challenge. Africa Inspired : Gecko Nails

This is the first post in the series of Africa Inspired mani's I plan on doing, based around my time in Kenya.

For the first post I have done Gecko nails in tribute to this little guy, who lived in our hotel room with us in Kenya.


I picked a coral coloured base coat, so it also fits in with todays GOT Challenge. First a basecoat of Sally Hansen Nail Nutrition. I'm hoping this will help repair my nails after the damage caused whilst I was away! 
I used a Barry M Gelly in Papaya, which has been sitting in my stash for a while, but this is the first time I have used it. Then I used a Black marker to draw on the Gecko's. No topcoat as I currently have lots of unused polishes which I would like to try out, so I don't plan on leaving this on much more than a day!


I had high hopes of the Gelly polishes, as I've heard such good reviews of them and I love most Barry M polishes. However, I found this one quite difficult to apply, and a little streaky, even after 2 coats. I did love the colour of this polish though. Coral colours are always winners for me!

Here are some close ups of the Gecko's!


No comments:

Post a Comment