Thursday 20 February 2014

Still on a Valentines Theme!

I had some cute heart Nail Tattoos that I've had forever but hardly used so I thought I'd make the most of it still being valentines week and go for another heart themed nail!! (Excuse the upside-down picture!)


I also bought two more new polishes the other day, again from Poundland (I'm beginning to spend way too much time in there!) and wanted to try at least one of them out.

These are the latest buys. Revlon Top Speed, in Infamous which is a nice bright coral colour; and Stormy, which I haven't tried yet, but looks to be a pale brown/nude.


So I did a base of Infamous, 2 coats. Stuck on nail tattoos, one on each hand, then painted a feature nail with Barry M Black Multi Glitter. I love this black polish, the glitter just makes it a little bit less bold than a plain black and its pretty and sparkly! I then did a topcoat of Barry M Crystal Glaze, which can't really be seen on the picture. I've never used this before and thought it would add a bit of sparkle to my nails, but to be honest I could barely see it. It would deffo need a second coat and as its a pale pink polish might be better over a different coloured base. This was disappointing as I absolutely love how it looks in the bottle, it's so pretty!

I love the colour of Infamous, but to say it is called 'Top Speed' I found it didn't dry very quickly!
I did these nails in the morning right before uni and thought I wouldn't have to wait very long for them to dry, but I wouldn't say they dried and quicker than my usual Barry M! It is also an exact match in colour to the Rimmel Coralicious (I literally just painted half my thumb to test how close they are, I can't tell the difference at all.), but the Rimmel is a 60 seconds one and dries much faster!
I would say if you like the colour and are considering buying one of these, go for the Rimmel: It dries faster, only needs one coat and has one of those really nice, flat brushes!

No comments:

Post a Comment